It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: crank case breathers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:24 pm 

just had my mk1 turbo back..finding fuel in my breather..could this be causing damage to my engine?

Post subject: Re: crank case breathers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 pm 

Are you sure it's fuel and not vapour from bore wash?
If it is fuel then engine problems for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:23 am 

pretty sure it is.like a clear/yellow in colour..smells of fuel but don't quite have the same texture/feel like petrol does when you get that over your hands...the filter on the breather starts smoking after 10mins or so..so if the worse comes to the worse what could it be?what I also noticed was the breather wasn't connected up properly.had a pipe coming from the rocker cover..then a pipe connected from the bottom tube to the top tube so it was just circulating..by rights the there should be a pipe connecting to another pipe somewhere around the inlet which then takes it back to the block??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:35 am 
Badboy Moderator

Put a pic of your breather system plumbing or do a diagram on how it's plumbed in :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:41 pm 

all sorted now thank you :) just more issues to sort :/ rapidly loosing faith..only had it back a week :roll: :wall: I was told by the tuner that the idle control valve was fooked so iv bought a new one today..seems to idle a lot better..but when the throttle is blipped it seems to hold to the revs.having took it around the block tonight..when I change gear or come to a junction dip the clutch and give way it seems to rev up to 3 grand...to add iv changed the co2 pot as well.

another issue finally got the speedo to work but when im barely doing 10mph it reads im doing around 30mph :wall:

another issue the temp gauge is starting to read just only.but when I pull off and sit at about 15mhp around my estate it drops..iv tried switching the ignition on taking the sender out of the block putting it in a boiling cup of water and it reads nothing.also tried taking the black plug of the sender and earthing it off the battery still nothing.but the heaters work lovely the fan kicks in as it should.what I have noticed though if it makes a difference is the cable off the sender is just wired to the fan with various wire and crimps

any ideas please people?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:31 pm 

the over revving issue sounds like you have a air leak, have you checked all the vac hoses and the inlet for leaks?

what engine are you running in your mk1?