It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:43 pm 

Got my zetec turbo running, starts and idles perfectly.

When revved it bogs down immediately then picks up and is kind of ok. With every blip of the throttle it bogs down.

background

2.0 zetec Silvertop
T3 turbo
Ofac
Beiges
MSD 195 chip
No amal valve
Have an AFR that reads 11-12 at warm idle

Ive tried :

Checked resistance on CO pot, which is ok. When I unplug invite the car running it runs like sh!t. Plug it back in and it's happy again

Tried a different EDIS module,no difference

If I unplug the map sensor wiring plug it runs like sh!t, plug it back.in again it's ok again.

Unplugging the TPS seems to make no difference at all to idling or revving

If I remove the vac line to the map sensor (creating a massive air leak into the inlet) it revs freely

If I unplug the idle control valve it dues straight away. Plug it back in and it will start again no problem.

Took the plugs out, they are black confirming the car is running rich

Things I've not tried yet

Not checked the fuel pressure, as I dont have gauge (can anyone lend me a gauge)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:33 pm 

Hi mate, im sure I had a similar issue on my ZVH Turbo, does it misfire at low revs then clear as well? If so I narrowed mine down to one of two things - First Injectors, Second Idle Control valve, as I swapped everything else. In the end I got another manifold complete and fitted it and it was fine!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:41 pm 

kind of mate its mainly as you blip the throttle it dips. If I ignore the dip and hold the throttle open it does sit at 2k and seems ok.

The injectors are practically new.

I'm running cvh manifolds. Sprayed wd40 all about the inlet to check for a leak doesn't seem to be anything obvious.

If I pump the brake pedal the revs rise slightly which I think may point to an air leak?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:56 pm 

Sounds like the same problem, try a different idle control valve if your injectors are known to be tidy!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:19 pm 

Cheers mate I'll let you know how I get on

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm 

I dont think I got a spare known working one. But what you describe is exactly what I had fault wise. I even swapped ECU's!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:25 pm 

do you know if there is any problem using a zetec icv on the cvh management?

Cheers for the help

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:03 pm 

No idea on that one dude..

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:23 pm 

Well Mt throttle position senor is definitely not working so I need a new one of those and hopefully thats the root of the problem.

Tested mine with a multimeter today and definitely duff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:20 am 

Incase it helps anyone else: it was all down to my TPS. I tested it with a multimeter and could see it wasn't working. I tried to service it and destroyed it in the process. Fitted another and it revs fine.

In addition, you can use a TPS from a non turbo car, they are all the same. As are zetec and cvh idle control valves. The cvh one has the pipe fitting at a different angle to zetec, but they have the same part number and having inspected both carefully with a multimeter they are functionally identical.