It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Coolent temp sensor info
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:07 pm 

Little info on cts on zetec turbo,What sensor have you boys used?I have the standard black plastic thermo housing with temp sensor ontop and have fez turbo efi inlet with adapter plate so i just have my temp sensor hanging from the plug at the back of the efi inlet at the mo So what did any of you lads do as i seen a lad using the cvh sensor screwd onto the zetec housing but went to do this and threds are way to small to fit the cvh sensor????!!Do you tap it out to fit?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:04 am 

What engine management are you using?
I'm using OFAM which uses the same sensors as fiesta turbo management OFAB.
I drilled and tapped the zetec head and used a cvh thermostat housing. I then tapped a hole in the front of this to fit the original ecu water temp sensor that is usually fitted on the back of the inlet on a fiesta turbo.
If using the zetec thermostat housing, i think others have used an adaptor of some sort to fit the sensor in the top radiator hose.

Grant

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:39 am 

grant wrote:
I drilled and tapped the zetec head and used a cvh thermostat housing. I then tapped a hole in the front of this to fit the original ecu water temp sensor that is usually fitted on the back of the inlet on a fiesta turbo.
If using the zetec thermostat housing, i think others have used an adaptor of some sort to fit the sensor in the top radiator hose.

Grant
Sound i am running ofab just now yip i think i have a hose come to think of it that might take the fez sensor,Can you use the zetec sensor at all do you no?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 am 

Doubt it mate, best to keep all the correct sensors for that management cause it may rea wrong using another and cause probs

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:27 pm 

ozzy69 wrote:
grant wrote:

Grant
Sound i am running ofab just now yip i think i have a hose come to think of it that might take the fez sensor,Can you use the zetec sensor at all do you no?

I thought that just wonderd if anyone had used the zetec sensor and got away with it.Away and raid through all my sh!t in my shed try find this pipe :? , am not to bad as my father owns a small car dismantlers so bound to fined something there thanks again grant.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:57 pm 

This thread shows the correct way to connect the breather mate. If using the fiesta turbo inlet, connect the two smaller pipes near the fuel rail area together to make a loop as they aren't needed

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=109924&hilit=breather+set+up